In the below list a range of documents can be found for many services and requests made of Richmond Valley Council including those for rates, activity approval, facility use, compliance and companion animals.

Prior to lodgement of forms please contact Council for associated fees on 6660 0300, or refer to Council’s current Revenue Policy.

These forms can be completed electronically. To do so, simply download the form and open it with Adobe Acrobat Reader.


Reservation and Burial

Reservation Application (Permanent Interment Right)

Burial Application


Transfer of Interment Right by Holder 

Transfer of Interment Right – Intestacy

Transfer of Interment Right by Bequest


Application for Monument Approval

List of Approved Monumental Masons 

Companion Animals

Animal adoption form

Cat Trap Hire

Dangerous restricted dogs compliance for enclosure application

Animals – Update address and contact details

Development Assessment

Owner’s Consent

Estimated Costs of Work Form

Statement of Environmental Effects Template

Annual and Supplementary Fire Safety Statement Form

Building Code of Australia specification

Fire Safety Certificate Form

Rural road number application

Temporary dwelling application

Multiple Occupancy Checklist

Notice to withdraw development application

Notice to surrender a development application

Request to waive contributions form

Bond Refund Application

Application to vary the Development Control Plan (DCP)

Variations to the DCP

Temporary Dwelling

Acid sulfate soil management plan for minor works


Food mobile street vending/market stall/street one day/road stall

Food shop pre purchase inspection

Kerbside dining

Retail Food Outlet FSS details

Food business registration – change of details


Skin penetration application

Leases and Licenses

Lease of Road Reserve

Onsite Sewage Management Systems (OSMS)

Pre-purchase inspection

Application to install or construct a sewage management facility (via NSW Planning Portal)


Roadside Grazing Permit

Section 68 – Event application form (via NSW Planning Portal)

Permission to busk

Street stall application

Water carter

Property Certificates and Searches

603 Certificate

735A Certificate

10.7 Certificate

Dwelling Opportunity 

Special water meter reading

Drainage diagrams (internal/external)

Flood information enquiry form


Swimming pool inspection application

Swimming pool Section 22 exemption form


Incident Report Form

Request to access building and development records

Formal Access to Information Application Form (GIPA Act)


Authority to transfer monies

Change of address

Change of name

Change of rating category to farmland

Category change of land

Concealed water leak allowance claim

Direct Debit Service Agreement – October 2023

Financial Hardship – Residential

Financial Hardship Commercial / Business

Financial Hardship – Natural Disaster

Payment arrangement

Pension concession application

Credit application

Rates, water/sewer, debtor refunds

Request for contact information details form

Request for rating information form


Application to disconnect a sewer connection


Mains flow test

Draw water application

Meter testing

Reservoir site induction application

Water meter relocation (via NSW Planning Portal)

Water service application (via NSW Planning Portal)

Water service disconnection application (via NSW Planning Portal)

Have Your Say...

Quick Contact

"*" indicates required fields

Search Council's website

Type your search query here to find relevant pages on the Richmond Valley Council site.