Under an EPA initive to improve resource recovery the collection and recycling of waste televisions, computers, printers and computer products (Ewaste) was introduced. Under the scheme, householders and small businesses can drop off Ewaste items at designated access points.
Nammoona Waste and Resource Recovery Facility and Evans Head Transfer Station both offer drop off points for household quantities of the below materials. As a guide, the maximum weight for dropping off Ewaste is 20 kg per item.
Computers and Televisions
- Portable processing machines ie laptops, notebooks and palmtops
- Computer monitors (LCD & CRT), Keyboards, Mouses
- Desktop printers/Scanners and Multi-function devices (print, copy, scan and/or fax)
- Hard drives
- Floppy drives
- Joysticks and gamepads
- Desktops/central processing units (CPUs)
- Cards, motherboards
- Web cameras
- Electrical transformers in CPUs
- VCR/CD/DVD Players
- Set top box – ie Apple TV/Telstra TV
- TV Remotes
- Flat panel units ie plasma and LCD TV Screen
- Cathode ray tube (CRT) TVs (pre 2000)
- Rear projection
Nammoona Waste and Resource Recovery Facility and Evans Head Transfer Station accept domestic E-waste free of charge. Charges apply for Commercial customers.
Namoona Resource Recovery and Waste Facility open Monday – Sunday 8.30am -4.30pm
Evans Head Transfer Station open Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday 8.30am – 4.30pm