The following documents relating to cemeteries, reservation of burial or placement of ashes are available for download. For further enquiries about cemetery facilities in the Richmond Valley, contact Council on 02 6660 0300.
The NSW Government has also produced a general consumer guide to internment rights, which you are encouraged to read.
Richmond Valley Council is required to comply with the Cemetery and Crematorium Operator Code of Practice 2018 as approved by Cemeteries and Crematoria NSW. Copies of the code of practice are available upon request or online here.
- Cemeteries and Crematoria in NSW – Quick Guide
- Cemeteries and Crematoria in NSW – Complaint resolution
- Cemeteries and Crematoria in NSW – Respecting practices and beliefs of Indigenous Australians
Reservation and Burial
- Reservation Application (Permanent Interment Right)
- Burial Application
- Cemeteries and Burial Policy – August 2020
- Transfer of Interment Right by Holder
- Transfer of Interment Right – Intestacy
- Transfer of Interment Right by Bequest