One stop shop for bushfire recovery – Service NSW
Service NSW has created a one stop shop webpage for communities to access support following the bushfires.
Rebuilding the Richmond Valley – Community Revitalisation Plan
Council’s Rebuilding the Richmond Valley – Community Revitalisation Plan identifies a range of actions and opportunities to ensure bushfire recovery is timely and effective.
Upcoming community recovery meetings
Join us in Rappville and New Italy to discuss strategies and opportunities to rebuild our communities.
- Rappville, Tuesday 11 February, 5pm
- New Italy, 13 February, 5pm
Recovery support fact sheets and newsletters
- Community Recovery Newsletter #5 – 3 February 2020
- Bushfire recovery assistance – general fact sheet – NSW bushfires 2019-2020
- Community Information Newsletter #3 – 13 December 2019
- Community Information Newsletter #2 – 25 November 2019
- Community Information Newsletter #1 – 15 November 2019
- Community Information Newsletter #3 – 7 November 2019
- Community Information Newsletter #2 – 24 October 2019
- Community Information Newsletter #1 – 15 October 2019
- Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment. The Australian Government has announced a non-means tested one-off payment of $1000 per adult and $400 per child will be made available to individuals severely impacted during the bush fires.
- This is additional to the Disaster Recovery Allowance which applies to anyone who has lost income as a result of the fires and is not receiving an an existing government support payment.
- Disaster Relief Grants Fact Sheet
- Planning to rebuild? NSW Land Services is providing title searches and plan images of property free of charge in bushfire affected areas. Go here for more info: https://www.nswlrs.com.au/About/About/Announcements/63
- Disaster support for Telstra customers – Telstra has provided extra assistance for customers whose landline connections have been cut off or destroyed.
- How are you going? Pay attention to your mental health in a crisis.
Safety fact sheets
- Bush Fire Recovery Information – Solar Panels – Fact Sheet
- Bush Fire Recovery Information – Gas Bottles – Fact Sheet
- Property Hazards Following a Bushfire – SafeWork NSW – Fact Sheet
- Please visit https://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/fire-information/fires-near-me for current bushfire locations and advice.
- Comprehensive updates on bushfires are found here: https://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/fire-information/major-fire-updates
How to donate to the fire recovery effort
BlazeAid is a volunteer run organisation which specialises in helping farms rebuild their infrastructure after devastating bushfires.
This includes repairing and replacing fencing, cattle yards, troughs, pipes, water tanks, and more.
BlazeAid has a base camp at the Casino Showgrounds where 30-40 volunteers from across NSW and interstate will camp for 9-12 weeks.
With the community’s help these volunteers will identify the farms which have been most badly affected by the recent fires and work to rebuild their infrastructure.
To donate to BlazeAid, go to the BlazeAid website at www.BlazeAid.com.au or contact Debbie on 0418 990 267.
Donations can be targeted to a specific recovery effort, so 100% of local donations will go towards supporting recovery from the Busbys Flat Rd – Rappville fire.
Casino Golf Club fundraiser
The Casino Golf Club has set up a fundraising account with 100% of money going to individuals and families affected by the bushfires.
Account details are:
Summerland Credit Union
Name: Fire Aid
BSB: 728 728
ACC: 2232 5706
Cash donations can also be made at all Summerland Credit Union branches.