One-stop shop for bushfire recovery – Service NSW
Visit Service NSW’s one-stop shop webpage for communities to access support following a bushfire.
Rebuilding the Richmond Valley – Community Revitalisation Plan
Council’s Rebuilding the Richmond Valley – Community Revitalisation Plan identifies a range of actions and opportunities to ensure bushfire recovery is timely and effective.
- Disaster Relief Grants Fact Sheet
- Planning to rebuild? NSW Land Services is providing title searches and plan images of property free of charge in bushfire affected areas. Go here for more info: https://www.nswlrs.com.au/About/About/Announcements/63
- Disaster support for Telstra customers – Telstra has provided extra assistance for customers whose landline connections have been cut off or destroyed.
- How are you going? Pay attention to your mental health in a crisis.
Safety fact sheets
- Bush Fire Recovery Information – Solar Panels – Fact Sheet
- Bush Fire Recovery Information – Gas Bottles – Fact Sheet
- Property Hazards Following a Bushfire – SafeWork NSW – Fact Sheet
- Please visit https://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/fire-information/fires-near-me for current bushfire locations and advice.
- Comprehensive updates on bushfires are found here: https://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/fire-information/major-fire-updates
How to donate to the fire recovery effort
BlazeAid is a volunteer-run organisation which specialises in helping farms rebuild their infrastructure after devastating bushfires.
This includes repairing and replacing fencing, cattle yards, troughs, pipes, water tanks, and more.
BlazeAid had a base camp at the Casino Showground where 30-40 volunteers from across NSW and interstate camped for around 12 weeks.
With the community’s help, these volunteers identified the farms which had been most badly affected by the 2019 bushfires and worked to rebuild their infrastructure.
To donate to BlazeAid, go to the BlazeAid website at www.BlazeAid.com.au or contact Debbie on 0418 990 267.
Donations can be targeted to a specific recovery effort, so 100% of local donations will go towards supporting recovery from the Busbys Flat Rd – Rappville fire.