Event organisers need to complete an application for events being delivered on public land. Our events team will assist in coordinating various stakeholders within Council and the region to ensure your event can be delivered seamlessly.
In order to secure your preferred event location and date, you are encouraged to:
- Contact Richmond Valley Council’s event team on 02 6660 0300 or email us to discuss your proposed event and the applications required for approval
- To allow time for your application to be processed, you will need to submit your event application six to eight weeks prior to your event. Section68 Event Applications are to be submitted via the NSW Planning Portal. Visit our Lodging an Application page for a step-by-step guide. Should you need help with the documentation, please contact our Customer Experience Team on 6660 0300 or visit Richmond Valley Council offices, located in Casino and Evans Head.
Expression of Interest
If you are interested in holding an event in the Richmond Valley and you’re not sure where to start, fill in the form below with details and ideas for your event and we will contact you to discuss it further. If you have the drive and passion to see it through, we can guide you on how to get your event across the line. You will find the form at the bottom of the page.
Fees to deliver a community event in the Richmond Valley
It is important to be aware of the costs associated with holding your event. The payment of these fees is made when Council approves of the application.
Please do not hesitate to contact Council’s Events Team on 02 6660 0300 to find out more.
Below is a guide of potential costs associated with your event application current for the 2022/23 financial year
- Event application fee – $185 per application
- Parks, beach and reserves hire fee – $81 per day
- Bond fee – Starting from $200 up to $1000 per application; applicable subject to the type of infrastructure and entertainment proposed; bond is refundable if the event area is left clean, tidy and without damage.
- Application to carry out a roads activity (s138) – $nil per application
Bins – red, yellow and green bins available. Fees are as following below:
- Hire charge: $6 per bin (up to a week, or part thereof)
- Service charge: $17.50 per service per bin (i.e. emptying bins)
- Delivery charge: $56 for the delivery of up to 15 bins (includes pick up)
* Please note: fees and charges will change each year. Traffic management and additional services will incur extra charges. Large-scale events may require a development application – please refer to Planning and Development for more information.
Richmond Valley Council Event Manual
Our Event Manual assists people in the community to navigate the many issues involved in organising events; in particular, people organising public, outdoor events in the Richmond Valley.
Events are an important part of community life, and contributing to safe and successful events is a rewarding experience. Organising events, however, can sometimes seem daunting. While careful planning can be quite a complex process, it leads to safe events that run smoothly and are successful.
Our Events Manual has been put together by an internal team of stakeholders and included research and development from other government organisations.
To enquire about a booking of a venue or public reserve for an event you are planning, visit our dedicated bookings website, Bookable, or contact Council’s Assets team on (02) 6660 0300.
Forms and templates
Once you have contacted the Events Team and know the documents you require, you can download the following forms and templates to help with your application.