Looking to improve your tech skills? We can help.
Richmond-Upper Clarence Regional Library is a part of the Be Connected network. Be Connected is an Australian government initiative helping older Australians build confidence, digital skills and online safety. Be Connected offers a wide range of tutorials for beginners through to advanced users.
- Getting started online
- Internet banking
- Apple devices
- Android devices
- Identifying and avoiding scams
GCF offers self-paced online courses on more than 200 topics.
- Computer basics
- Microsoft office
- Applying for jobs
- Social Media
- Math and reading
- Technology buying guide
Using your library membership you can access the computer school’s Technology Training Directory.
- Computer and technology basics
- Internet safety and security
- Training for tablets, mobile devices and apps
Richmond-Upper Clarence Regional Library is an eSmart library. eSmart libraries aims to equip community members with the skills they need for smart, safe and responsible use of digital technology. eSmart offers a directory of resources to improve your digital skills, inform seniors, parents and children about online safety, and reporting channels for if you experience any cyber bullying, online abuse or scams. The resources cover the following topics:
- Online awareness of scams, identity theft and spam
- Cyber initiatives for parents, women, and all citizens
- Age-appropriate guidelines for games, apps, social networking
- Young people online including legal rights & obligations
- Online reporting channels for scams, cyber bullying and cybercrime
- State and Territory Police online information
Digital devices for loan
With funding from the Good Things Foundation, Richmond-Upper Clarence Regional Library purchased Samsung tablets. The tablets can be loaned to members over 50 who would like to improve their digital skills and reduce social isolation. To get started with one of our tablets, book a 30 minute tech savvy session. See more information about our Tech Savvy program below.
Richmond-Upper Clarence Regional Library offers free one-on-one help with smartphones, laptops and tablets at our Casino and Kyogle branches. You can book a 30 minute session by visiting the Casino or Kyogle libraries or phoning us on the contact numbers below.
Casino: 6660 0250
Kyogle 6660 0240
Other helpful links