Under Council’s care are Sewage Treatment Plants (STP) in Casino, Coraki, Evans Head, Waste & Resource Recovery Facility at Casino (Nammoona), Woodview Quarry and the Northern Rivers Livestock Exchange (NRLX). These sites are licenced by the Environment Protection Authority (EPA) in accordance with the Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997 (POEO). A requirement of the licences is that the Licensee make publicly available any monitoring data as well as the Pollution Incident Response Management Plan (PIRMP). The monitoring requirements are set by the EPA and are specific to the activities being undertaken.
Richmond Valley Council EPA licences
Council holds licences for the below facilities and the licences are available for download:
- Casino Wastewater Treatment Works Environment Protection Licence
- Coraki Sewage Treatment Plant Licence
- Evans Head Sewage Treatment Plant Licence
- Nammoona Landfill Facility – Lot 2 Dargaville Drive, Casino NSW 2470 – view EPA licence here
- Northern Rivers Livestock Exchange – Dargaville Drive, Casino NSW 2470 – view EPA licence here
Pollution monitoring results
For Water and Sewer monitoring results visit Water and Sewer page.
For those sites that require Environmental Monitoring as a part of the EPA Licence, the data can be found below.
For further information about the requirement of licensees to publish pollutant monitoring data, visit the EPA website.
Pollution Incident Response Management Plan (PIRMP)
A copy of the PIRMPs for the sites above can be found on the Pollution Incidents page.