Under Council’s care are Sewage Treatment Plants (STP) in Casino, Coraki, Evans Head, Waste & Resource Recovery Facility at Casino (Nammoona), Woodview Quarry and the Northern Rivers Livestock Exchange (NRLX). These sites are licenced by the Environment Protection Authority (EPA) in accordance with the Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997 (POEO). A requirement of the licences is that the Licensee make publicly available any monitoring data as well as the Pollution Incident Response Management Plan (PIRMP). The monitoring requirements are set by the EPA and are specific for the activities being undertaken.
Richmond Valley Council EPA licences
Council holds licences for the below facilities and the licences are available for download:
- Casino Sewage Treatment Plant Licence
- Coraki Sewage Treatment Plant Licence
- Evans Head Sewage Treatment Plant Licence
- Nammona Landfill Facility – Lot 2 Dargaville Drive, Casino NSW 2470 – view EPA licence here
- Bora Ridge (Coraki) Transfer Station Licence
- Woodview Quarry Licence
- Northern Rivers Livestock Exchange – Dargaville Drive, Casino NSW 2470 – view EPA licence here
Pollution monitoring results
For Water and Sewer monitoring results visit Water and Sewer page.
For those sites that require Environmental Monitoring as apart of the EPA Licence, the data can be found below.
For further information about the requirement of licensee’s to publish pollutant monitoring data, visit the EPA website.
Pollution Incident Response Management Plan (PIRMP)
A copy of the PIRMP’s for the sites above can be found on the Pollution Incidents page.