Council has an ongoing commitment to ensure that community facilities and resources are available to meet the broad needs of the local community.
What is a Section 355 Committee?
Under the Local Government Act 1993, Section 355, Council can delegate some of its functions to a committee of Council. Council uses this delegation and appoints community people to manage its facilities or functions through a committee to assist Council.
A 355 Committee may manage community halls or sporting facilities on behalf of Council. They aim to maximise the use of the facilities and are responsible for day-to-day management, including the organisation of maintenance and minor repairs.
Current Section 355 Committees
- Broadwater Community Hall Committee
- Coraki Youth Hall Committee
- Evans Head Recreation Hall Committee
- Fairy Hill Hall Committee
- Rappville Hall Committee
- Rappville Sporting Facilities Committee
- Riley’s Hill Community Involvement Centre Committee
- Stan Payne Memorial Oval Committee
- Woodburn Memorial Hall Committee
- Woodview Piora Hall Committee
Volunteer Registration Form