Local roads – latest works updates
The video below highlights Council’s major road, footpath and drainage projects for the first half of 2019-2020
- Casino Coraki Road – 1km In the vicinity of Lee Lane at Tatham
- Casino Coraki Road – 500m in the vicinity of Baillies Lane at Coddrington
- Tatham Tomki Road – 1.2km from the Council boundary towards Tatham Bridge
- Naughtons Gap Road – 600m between the new Rail Bridge and Rambaldinis Road
- Bungawalbyn Whiporie Road – 500m in the vicinity of Boggy Creek Road
- Bungawalbyn Whiporie Road – 150m in the vicinity of Moonem New Italy Road
- Bentley Road Reconstruction – 600m in the vicinity of Pine Creek Road
- Terminal Parade (Casino) – concrete lane construction
- Pioneer Street (Casino) – full reconstruction
- Yarran Lane (Evans Head) – pavement construction and bitumen sealing
- Redwood Lane (Woodburn) – pavement construction and bitumen sealing of an unsealed lane
- Graham Place (Casino) – 60m between Library carpark and police station
- Booyong Street (Evans Head) – 230m of new footpath construction linking existing footpaths
- Woodburn Street (Evans Head) – 60m of footpath replacement
Woolgoolga to Ballina – Pacific Highway upgrade
The Woolgoolga to Ballina project will upgrade about 155 kilometres of highway. The project starts approximately six kilometres north of Woolgoolga and ends approximately six kilometres south of Ballina. Project updates are available by following this link – Woolgoolga to Ballina – Pacific Highway upgrade
Roads & Maritime Services
My Roads Info
Northern Rivers Local Government Development Design and Construction Manuals
The Northern Rivers Local Government publications are utilised for the design and construction of civil engineering works associated with development approvals.
- Development and Design Manual – Version 3
- Construction Manual – Version 3
- Standard Drawings – Version 1
The Northern Rivers of NSW is without question one of the most culturally and environmentally diverse areas in Australia. These qualities have encouraged growth in both residential and industrial development. Local Government bodies are given the responsibility of managing future growth and development today, hence the goal of this manual “Setting tomorrow’s standards today”. Both the community and the development industry should now have clear instruction for development infrastructure requirements throughout the Northern Rivers area. The industry is encouraged to embrace these guidelines before planning begins, enabling faster and more effective processing of applications through Council.
This Development and Design Manual, initiated by a joint effort between State Wide Roads and the Institute of Municipal Engineers Australia as a more uniform standard throughout the country has been modified to suit the specific needs of our region.
The following Local Government bodies have accepted the challenge of creating a better living, working and recreational environment for our region.
- Ballina Council
- Byron Shire Council
- Clarence Valley Council
- Kyogle Council
- Lismore City Council
- Richmond Valley Council
This link will direct you to the Lismore City Council website, where the manuals are available for download.
Ocean Drive revegetation
Following an informal meeting with some residents at Kalimna Park last year, and a request for information relating to revegetation work for the river bank at Ocean Park Drive Evans Head, an updated planting list has been compiled from requests to retain views from Ocean Drive and a need to provide vegetation cover to help with the future stabilisation of the newly constructed riverbank.
The full list of what has been removed and what will be planted can be viewed in the document Ocean Drive Revegetation Plant and Zone Heights, found below this message.
If you wish to discuss the matter further, please do not hesitate to contact Council’s Coordinator Project Development and Design Matt Kinkead on 6660 0242 or by email to: email@example.com