Anzac Day is a national day of remembrance in Australia and New Zealand that broadly commemorates all Australians and New Zealanders “who served and died in all wars, conflicts, and peacekeeping operations” and “the contribution and suffering of all those who have served”.
The following services are being held in the Richmond Valley:
- Casino – Dawn Service begins at 5:30am at the Mafeking Lamp and Day Service begins at 10am on Walker Street.
- Broadwater – To be advised.
- Coraki – To be advised.
- Evans Head – To be advised.
- Rappville – Dawn Service begins at 5:30am on Nandabah Street and Day Service at 10:30am.
- Woodburn – To be advised.
If you wish to participate from home, Light Up The Dawn is encouraged across Australia.
Light Up the Dawn was an idea which originated in 2020 within the Australian community. The RSL supported and promoted the idea across Australia in a year of great challenge and change.
As the sun peeked above the horizon, the country stood united – in uniforms or pyjamas, wearing medals, poppies and sprigs of rosemary – to let Australia’s veterans know that their service and sacrifice will never be forgotten.
Show your support and bring your community together this Anzac Day by encouraging neighbours to help you Light Up the Dawn in your street.