Roadworks and Road Closures

All road closures for Richmond Valley Council and other Northern Rivers councils are compiled on MyRoadinfo Regional Road Information – a centralised information service. MyRoadInfo is the easy way to use maps to plan your route around roadworks and hazards. To get the most up-to-date information for a particular road, be sure to click on the details link against each road. Visit the Northern Rivers MyRoadInfo website including Richmond Valley Council road closures and roadworks.

Report a Road Condition

Council staff attempt to monitor road conditions on a daily basis during storm events but this can be hampered by access problems, staff availability and other competing demands. A key criteria for staff travelling around the road network is the personal safety in accordance with WH&S requirements which often prevents quick access. Community assistance in isolated areas provides a valuable support for keeping the information on  MyRoadInfo as relevant as possible.

To report a road condition:

  • Call 6660 0300
    This number is attended 24 hours a day, seven days a week, or
  • Fill out the online form below.
    Once submitted, the nearest Council inspector will visit and assess the condition of the road before making an update to the MyRoadInfo website.

Report a Road Condition

Notify Council of a damaged, flooded or blocked road or bridge.
  • Estimate the depth of the water across the road you have observed
  • Add any useful information here such as debris observed, extent of damage and nearest cross street to road issue


Have Your Say...

Quick Contact

Search Council’s website

Type your search query here to find relevant pages on the Richmond Valley Council site.