Water restrictions for Casino residents who receive a town water supply have been increased to level three on Monday 16 September following a prolonged dry period during winter with no significant rain.
For residents, level three water restrictions involve:
• No irrigation permitted.
• Use of buckets any time, or hand-held hoses for a maximum of 10 minutes every second day, between 4pm and 9am.
• Households with an even street number can only water on even numbered calendar days, and households with an odd street number can only water on odd calendar days
• Public gardens – no irrigation permitted
• Sports fields – sprinklers or hand-held hoses permitted for 15 minutes per day between 5am and 7am.
• Motor vehicle dealers, car detailing/repairs – buckets permitted, efficient high-pressure, low-flow rate cleaners with trigger control permitted every second day between 6am and 8am. Water use must be logged.
• New turf, lawns and gardens – watering in permitted for 30 minutes only on day of establishment, then 15 minutes every second day between 4pm and 9am up to 7 days after the date of establishment.
There are no water usage restrictions on local businesses NCMC, Norco, Holcim and others who require water as part of their essential business activities. Nor are there any restrictions on stock watering.
If you have any queries regarding the level of water restrictions currently in place in Casino please contact Council’s general enquiries number 6660 0300.