The Mid Richmond towns including Coraki, Evans Head, Broadwater, Riley’s Hill and Woodburn are supplied by the regions bulk water supplier, Rous County Council. This water is predominantly supplied from Rocky Creek Dam.
On Saturday 7 December, Rous County Council introduced level one water restrictions, due to high water usage by the community, low inflows into the region’s main dam at Rocky Creek and a dry outlook for summer.
Rocky Creek Dam is sitting at 70 per cent as of 7 December 2019.
Level 1 water saving measures for residential urban and rural premises include:
- No watering of established lawns
- No water play tools, toys and slides
- Fitting all hand-held hoses with on/off trigger nozzles
- Watering established gardens is permitted with hand-held hoses for one hour every
second day, between 4pm and 9am on odd or even days of the month to match
the house numbering system
- Topping up swimming pools is permitted between 4pm and 9am using a hand-held
- Washing cars with hand-held hoses is permitted between 4pm and 9am on odd or
even days of the month to match the house numbering system.
Business and commercial operators are not exempt from the restrictions and will need to reduce their water usage along with the rest of the community, especially tourism and accommodation providers as the region moves into the high season.
If you have any queries regarding the level of water restrictions currently in place in the Mid Richmond please contact Rous County Council on the water restrictions hotline 1800 450 203.