Residents and visitors to Evans Head are reminded that some areas within the township are either alcohol-free zones or alcohol-prohibited areas during certain hours. Please be advised the following streets are alcohol-free zones during all hours on all days of the week:
- Park Street from Oak Street to Beech Street
- Beech Street from Park Street to the Surf Club car parking area adjacent to the Clubhouse and main beach parking area
- Oak Street from Woodburn Street to Park Street, except alfresco dining areas between 11am and 10pm
- Illawong Lane from Woodburn Street to Park Street
- Woodburn Street from Oak Street to Illawong Lane
These areas are clearly signposted and all residents and visitors are requested to comply with this signage.
Several of Council’s parks and reserves are also alcohol-prohibited areas between the hours of 8.30pm and 6am daily. These areas are the Clarrie Kirkland reserve, including the entire foreshore area bounded by the Surf Club car park, and McDonald Place car park including the skate park, nature reserve, playground, weather shed, gazebos and riverside kiosk. Again, Council requests everybody’s cooperation in complying with these requirements.
A temporary change on 31 December 2018 will come in to place prohibiting alcohol in these areas to between the hours of 6pm and 6am.