INTEGRATED/CONCEPT DEVELOPMENT PROPOSAL
DA No. 2015/0096 – Iron Gates Residential Subdivision, Evans Head
under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 (the Act)
Notice is given that Integrated Concept Development Application DA No. 2015/0096 for the Iron Gates subdivision at Evans Head will be re-exhibited with amended plans and documents as accepted by the NSW Land & Environment Court to be relied upon in Case No 2022/279591.
Concept/Integrated Development Application No.– DA No. 2015/0096
Applicant’s Name– Goldcoral Pty Ltd (Receiver and Manager Appointed)
Description of the Land– “Iron Gates” 240 Iron Gates Drive, Evans Head, comprising:
- Lots 276 & 277 DP755624 and Lot 163 DP831052,
- Crown land located between Lots 163 & 276, and along the northern Evans River foreshore adjacent to Lots 276 & 277, and
- Iron Gates Drive.
Description of Concept Development Application–
Stage 1 –
- Demolition of existing buildings, roads, stormwater, and sewage infrastructure present on the site.
- Subdivision of the site into 129 Torrens Title lots, for the creation of 121 residential lots, future community refuge (1 lot), two (2) public open space lots, two (2) lots for future Stage 2 subdivision, and one (1) residue lot.
- Construction of internal roads, stormwater, sewage, and other utility infrastructure.
- Vegetation management works, including vegetation removal and retention, environmental protection works, and ongoing environmental management.
- Bulk earthworks to establish site levels and residential lots.
- Establishment of a site for a Community Refuge Building for community use during severe bushfire and flooding events.
- Upgrades to Iron Gates Drive, including road widening and reconstruction, and vegetation trimming.
A separate future Development Application would be submitted to Council in relation to the proposed Stage 2 Subdivision, which would comprise approximately 17 residential lots. Construction of dwellings on all subdivided lots, and any other development for which separate development consent is required including the construction of the Community Refuge and embellishment of the proposed open space areas, would also be subject to separate planning approval.
Consent Authority – NSW Land & Environment Court
Integrated Development – The development is Integrated Development pursuant to Section 4.46 of the Act requiring the following approvals from relevant approval bodies:
- Bush Fire Safety Authority pursuant to Section 100B of the Rural Fires Act 1993—NSW Rural Fire Service
- Water Supply Work Approval pursuant to Section 90(2) of the Water Management Act 2000—Water NSW
- Aboriginal Heritage Impact Permit (AHIP) pursuant to Section 90 of the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1974—NSW Heritage within the Department of Planning and Environment
Exhibition Period– the application is Nominated Integrated Development and will be on exhibition from 29 January 2024 to COB 26 February 2024, both dates inclusive.
Where to inspect the Application– The Development Application and supporting documents may be inspected on Council’s website at https://richmondvalley.nsw.gov.au/council/on-exhibition/ , and
at Council’s Customer Service Centres in Casino and Evans Head.
Submissions– Any person may make a written submission to the Consent Authority during the exhibition period by sending it to Richmond Valley Council by:
- post to—Locked Bag 10 CASINO NSW 2470,
- email to—email@example.com ,
- hand delivery—at either of Council’s Customer Service Centres in Casino or Evans Head, or
- online submission—by completing an on-line submission form via Council’s website.
Submissions, including those received from previous exhibitions of this application, will be supplied to the Land & Environment Court as evidence for its consideration. If a submission is made by way of objection, the grounds of objection must be specified in the submission. All submissions will be treated as public documents.
NSW Local Government and Planning legislation requires the public disclosure of donations or gifts made in the two years preceding the application by anyone lodging or commenting on development proposals. Disclosure statements are available from Council’s Customer Service Centres or website.