Richmond Valley Council is seeking community feedback on the draft master plan for the restoration of the Casino Civic Hall.
The draft plan sets identifies priorities for the renewal of one of Casino’s signature public buildings, with the purpose of returning the 84-year-old Art Deco hall to its former glory as Casino’s performing arts and culture hub.
Council engaged architects from STEA to prepare the master plan for the development of the site, using information complied from community meetings and feedback. The consultant team included the following disciplines;
- Theatre Consultant
- Acoustic Consultant
- Structural Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Hydraulic Engineer
- Building Surveyor
Progress has already been made on some aspects of the master plan, including:
- Installation of wall mounted fans
- Restoration of art deco lighting on ceiling and pillars
- Electrical upgrades
- Replacing of joints, bearers and flooring in the main hall area
- Under-stage flooring for storage of new chairs
- Internal plastering and painting
More information on the project is available here.
Any person may make a submission in writing to Council by one of the following methods:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill out a Make a Submission form on this website, here.
- By post to Locked Bag 10 Casino NSW 2470
Submissions close 4pm, Friday 5 March.