The Draft Richmond Valley Growth Management Strategy (GMS) and the Casino Place Plan are on exhibition for community feedback.
These documents have been produced in concert with the Richmond Valley Council Regional Job Precinct Master Plan, which is under preparation by Regional NSW, which has a primary focus on delivering jobs growth in Casino but all as a catalyst for jobs growth across the Richmond Valley and the Northern Rivers region.
Over the past year, Council has been working in partnership with Regional NSW to prepare pathways to deliver housing and jobs in the Richmond Valley. This will culminate with the production of several bodies of work including the Richmond Valley Growth Management Strategy, Casino Place Plan and the Richmond Valley Council Regional Job Precinct Master Plan to help deliver these opportunities.
GYDE consulting was engaged by Richmond Valley Council to prepare the GMS, and by Regional NSW to prepare the Casino Place Plan.
Richmond Valley Draft Growth Management Strategy (GMS)
The purpose of a GMS is to support and guide the sustainable growth of both residential and employment land in the Richmond Valley.
- provides evidence regarding the current and future projected demand for and supply of employment and residential land
- establishes key principles to enable Council to plan for sustainable growth
- provides clear direction regarding the location and priorities for managing employment and residential land growth.
Detailed Growth Management Strategy Maps
These maps are additional to the strategy and are provided as a guide for where future growth may occur.
Draft Casino Place Plan
This is the first of several place plans for the urban centres of the Richmond Valley.
The Casino Place Plan has been prepared to guide planning for population and employment growth and place outcomes in Casino at a higher level of detail than has been provided in the GMS. Its preparation is in response to identified planning and urban design issues & opportunities. It aims to coordinate and put in place strategies and enablers to attract and manage employment and population growth at levels above those previously anticipated for Casino.
Community engagement sessions will be conducted by GYDE consulting in early February 2023. These sessions will be held at:
- February 9, 12pm-7pm – Casino Community & Cultural Centre, Walker Street Casino – Room 1 – Community Engagement Drop-in Session with Consultant and Council.
- February 10, 12pm-4.30pm – Evans Head Library and Council Administration Building – Meeting Room – Woodburn Street Evans Head – Community Engagement Drop-in Session with Consultant and Council
At the conclusion of the exhibition, all submissions will be reviewed by Council staff and GYDE, the GMS and Place Plan will be updated to reflect feedback, and then the final documents will be presented to Council for adoption.
For a more detailed explanation of the Casino Place Plan, please listen to this ABC North Coast interview with General Manager Vaughan Macdonald.
Submissions – Any person may make a written submission during the exhibition period by sending it to Richmond Valley Council by:
- post to – Locked Bag 10 Casino NSW 2470
- email – email@example.com
- hand delivery – at either of Council’s Customer Service Centres in Casino and Evans Head
- online submission – by completing an online submission form via Council’s website.
Please note comments on social media posts are not considered submissions.
Submissions closed COB Tuesday, 28 February 2023.